Wilderness Hunting in Tanzania
Mount Loosimingor is located in the northern part of Maasailand in Tanzania. It lies in the Rift Valley, 2 hours west of Arusha town. Arriving at Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) it takes about 3 hours by vehicle to get to the hunting area on the mountain.
7 OR 10 DAYS MOUNTAIN BUFFALO HUNTS
Mt Loosimingor (Essimingor Forest Reserve) is a part of Burko OA Northern Maasailand. It offers the most challenging hunting for Cape Buffalo in Africa. As we only hunt lone, old bulls from bachelor groups, we remain with a very healthy buffalo population on the mountain. You will most likely see buffalo several times every day.
The trophy quality is excellent but what makes this hunt so extraordinary is the fact that you will be hunting buffalo the full day on foot from a beautifully situated mountain camp. We usually get within a very close range to buffalo which makes hunting with iron sights the preferred style of hunting.
When you come on a 10 day buffalo safari, it is possible to enjoy a few days at the main camp on the plains to hunt some of the Massai species, such as Grants Gazelle, Thomson Gazelle, Wildebeest and others. This could be done before or after the mountain hunt.
Main period of hunting â€“ August to October every year with good chances also in November & December.
10 OR 14 DAYS MASSAI SPECIES & BUFFALO HUNTS
This safari combines the hunting of the key species in the plains such as Lesser Kudu, Gerenuk, Fringed Eared Oryx, Thomsonâ€™s and Grants Gazelle and a mountain hunt for the mountain species of Loosimingor such as Leopard, Buffalo, Chanlers Mountain Reedbuck, Massai Bushbuck, Bushpig and Patterson Eland.
The area is of great scenic beauty and very suitable to bring along non-hunting guests or Family groups, as it is a great way to combine hunting and photo graphic safari activities.
Main hunting period â€“ August to December
THE HUNTING SAFARI PRICES WOULD INCLUDE,
- Assistance on arrival at Kilimanjaro Int. Airport (JRO), transfer between airport and hotel in Arusha.
- Road transfers (2 hrs per trip) between Arusha, camp and back.
- Full hunting days under the guidance of a licensed hunting guide in Tanzania. One open hunting vehicle per guide.
- Full board accommodation including drinks.
- All services of camp personnel, Daily laundry service.
- All government fees for the relevant length of safari (Conservation fees, hunting license fees, trophy license fees, concession fees).
- Field preparation of trophies & packing/crating through a specialist. (dipping, crating & export documentation)
THE HUNTING SAFARI PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE,
- International flights to Tanzania.
- Rifle import/export license incl. Ammunition tax USD400 per weapon
- Rifle hire incl. Ammunition and license US500 (if desired)
- Game trophy fees for animals shot or wounded
- Insurance, visa fees, tips to camp crew, personal expenses.
- Hotel accommodation before or after safari.
- Airfreight of trophies to final destination.